The Equality Unit leads on the strategic management of equality, diversity and human rights for South Yorkshire Police. Set within the HR Services department, its range of focus takes in the service provided to the public as well as the organisation’s relationship with its workforce.
Core areas of activity for the Equality Unit include:
• Driving the SYP Equality, Diversity and Human Rights Strategy. Equality, Diversity and Human Rights Strategy
• Developing and driving the South Yorkshire Police Equality Objectives
• Gathering, publication and monitoring of SYP Equality data. South Yorkshire Police work force monitoring reports
• Helping to fulfil the community engagement commitment of both the Force and the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner with different sections of the South Yorkshire public
• Fostering the widest use of good practice like Positive Action where under-representation occurs and Equality Analysis in the management of change
• The continuing professional development of a broad range of SYP roles in equality, diversity and human rights responsibilities
The Diversity of South Yorkshire
The county of South Yorkshire has a rich diversity in its population. The following documents draw from sources including the latest census data, to provide more information about the area and people we serve.