MONTHLY FINANCE COMMITTEE MEETING
HELD AT 2.30.P.M. TUESDAY 24 APRIL 2012
MR HILLER’S OFFICE
Present: Mr Hiller (Chair)
Apologies: Mrs Beal
- Minutes of Meeting Held on 15th March and Matters Arising
The minutes of the meeting held on Thursday 15 March 2012 were accepted as a true and accurate record.
- Revenue Monitoring
Mrs Carrington said that a Report from Management Accounts will be available for the Senior Command Team taking place on 30th April 2012. Mrs Carrington went on to say that at present there was a £9M underspend compared to the £8.3M in January and she said it was anticipated that there would be £2M more in Reserves than anticipated and this was recommended.
Discussion took place on carry forwards and decisions made.
- External Funding
Mr Blackwell gave an update and reported that external funding was down by 18% for the year-on-year due to the Government moving funds around, which equated to £3.3M less to be received. Mr Blackwell asked if the management fees could still be paid as they had previously been and he was told that they could be.
- Capital Programme
Mrs Carrington said that there was slippage of £1.1M and an underspend of £200,000.00 and they were discussed during the meeting.
- Capital DRF Approval
There were no matters to discuss under this heading.
- Items Approved Outside of the Finance Committee
There were no items approved outside of the Finance Committee.
- Carry Forwards Plans
These had been previously discussed.
- Savings Plans
There was no items to discuss under this heading.
- Capital Scheme Brief Approvals
There were no Capital Scheme Briefs to approve in the meeting.
- Schedule of Responsibilities from CIPFA Advisory Network Paper
Mr Hiller had recently attended a CIPFA meeting, at which he had received a schedule of pertinent issues which should be addressed under the umbrella of the Finance Committee Meeting. At subsequent meetings updates will be given by the respective sponsors.
- Any Other Business
- Overtime – Mr Fennessy was asked by Mr Hiller if overtime, etc, is dealt with in a prompt manner and he said it was and also information to District Commanders is passed in a timely manner. Mr Hiller asked, on behalf of the DCC, if paperwork was disappearing. Mr Fennessy said he was not aware any was missing, as any which arrived in his office was dealt with accordingly.
- Mr Berrett said the situation re the Finance Review had been discussed that morning at the South Yorkshire Policing Board, where criticism was raised in respect of the payment of expenses. Mr Berrett said as far as he knew the there were no delays.
- Contract Purchase Agreement Orders (CPAs) – Mr Hiller said that he had recently been speaking with Miss Chris Mottershaw who said there were problems with the CPAs. Mr Hiller queried the CPAs but Mr Laughton said it was something which was meant to regulate purchases across the force, but in some instances where a supplier was attached to a CPA Districts/Departments could attach their order to that CPA irrespective of whether they were affiliated to that CPA and he said this was the problem area.
Date of Next Meeting: 9.00 a.m. Thursday 24 May 2012
5th Floor Conference Room, Police Headquarters