Officers from Doncaster’s Performance Crime Team (PCT) have this week secured a number of convictions, charges and arrests. Read the full details below:
- Over two years behind bars for a Doncaster woman. On Thursday 22 March Kimberley Sheerin, 31, of Northgate, Mexborough, appeared before Sheffield Crown Court to receive the 26 month sentence after pleading guilty to two counts of witness intimidation, one count of theft and one count of fraud.
- The court heard how on the evening of Tuesday 12 September 2017 it was reported Sheerin had made threats towards and stole a small quantity of cash from the owner of a property on Elsworth Close, Hyde Park.
- Officers investigating a reported burglary at a public house on Westgate in the early hours of Wednesday 21 March have arrested and charged a 36-year-old in connection with the incident. Shane Cooper, of Arundel Walk, Doncaster was charged with one count of burglary and remanded into custody until his appearance before Doncaster Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday 21 march.
- On Tuesday 20 March, officers executed a warrant at a property on Church Road, Edlington. A quantity of class A drugs and a number of suspected stolen items were recovered during the warrant and a 34-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of handling stolen goods. She has since been released under investigation.
- Officers conducting house checks on Wednesday 21 March arrested a 29-year-old man wanted on recall to prison. He has now been taken back into custody.
- Whilst out on patrol on Thursday 22 March, officers arrested a 26-year-old man on suspicion of possession of class B drugs after he was found carrying a small quantity of cannabis. He has since been released following a police caution.
- A 38-year-old man wanted in connection with a number of reported burglaries in the Wheatley and Hexthorpe areas of Doncaster was yesterday arrested by officers. He currently remains in police custody being questioned by detectives.
- A 33-year-old man wanted by officers in Lincolnshire in relation to an attempted car theft was yesterday arrested and transferred back to Lincolnshire.
- Whilst executing a number of warrants in the Denaby, Cantley, Rossington and Sprotbrough areas of Doncaster officers seized a quantity of class A and B drugs. Enquiries are now ongoing into connection with the warrants.