The inquiry in to the death of Alena Grlakova is continuing to progress at pace, with officers remaining in the Parkgate area today carrying out enquiries.
Detective Chief Inspector Mark Oughton continues to appeal to members of the public for their help and believes the local community could have vital information.
“I do believe answers around what happened to Alena lie within the local community and I’d encourage people to keep speaking to us, if they have any information or concerns.
“We are particularly keen to hear from anyone who has information on the following:
- Did you see Alena on Boxing Day 2018 in the Parkgate area? She was last seen leaving the Fitzwilliam Arms Hotel on Taylors Lane at 10.30pm that evening, walking towards Rawmarsh Hill.
- Earlier that evening, at around 8.30pm, she was seen with a man on Scrooby Lane, walking towards Mangham Road, was that you? Were you with Alena that evening?
- Have you seen Alena’s clothing? It may have been discarded in the local area. Alena was last seen wearing a thin black sweatshirt with ‘Little Black Sweat’ written on it in white, black tracksuit bottoms with white stripes down the side and black sliders. She was also wearing blonde clip-in hair extensions. These items have not been recovered.
- Between Boxing Day 2018 and Monday 8 April 2019, have you seen anything unusual or anyone acting suspiciously in the area?
“Any information, no matter how small, could prove to be incredibly helpful. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you think you can help.
“A 45-year-old man, arrested earlier this week in connection to Alena’s death has been bailed pending further enquiries.
“Officers remain in the area today and I’d encourage anyone with concerns to speak to them.
“If you can help, you can contact us a number of ways:
- Call 101 quoting incident number 453 of 8 April 2019.
- Speak to Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- Pass information to detectives in our incident room on 01709 443540.
No related content found