Team SYP – leading the way in Diversity & Inclusion
South Yorkshire Police is an organisation that welcomes, supports, encourages and values all staff and officers (including Special Constables, Volunteers and Cadets) from underrepresented communities.
Good policing is about contact with new ideas, and diversity in people creates diversity of thought. By increasing our own diversity, we are better able to protect and serve all our communities.
Our Force is working hard towards creating a socially diverse workforce, where everyone can be themselves, with confidence, and where everyone embraces each other’s unique individuality, backgrounds and heritage, strengths and skills. Diverse, inclusive teams solve problems better and develop a broader and more understanding Police Force.
Once you have joined South Yorkshire Police, you can access a number of staff associations and mentors, there to support you during your career. From social interaction, peer support and personal development, our staff networks and mentors, run by our own staff and officers, bring people together from all our underrepresented communities.
Regardless of your race, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, marital/partnership status, age or disability – we want to hear from you! Please email email@example.com for more information on support offered, in particular if you are from the BAME, LGBT+ or Disabled community.
For vacancy updates plus hints and tips on application and interview, follow us on Twitter @TeamSYP
Below are a few videos, made by some of the staff and officers who work for us and written interviews and Blogs from external role models and internal staff and officers. Scroll down to view more:
Equality & Diversity in South Yorkshire Police
The Equality Unit leads on the strategic management of equality, diversity and human rights for South Yorkshire Police. Set within the HR Career Services department, its range of focus takes in the service provided to the public as well as the organisation’s relationship with its workforce.
Core areas of activity for the Equality Unit include:
- Driving the SYP Equality, Diversity and Human Rights Strategy. Equality, Diversity and Human Rights Strategy
- Developing and driving the South Yorkshire Police Equality Objectives
- Gathering, publication and monitoring of SYP Equality data. South Yorkshire Police work force monitoring reports
- Helping to fulfil the community engagement commitment of both the Force and the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner with different sections of the South Yorkshire public
- Fostering the widest use of good practice like Positive Action where under-representation occurs and Equality Analysis in the management of change
- The continuing professional development of a broad range of roles in equality, diversity and human rights responsibilities