Be the future of resilience
Joining the police force is a life choice. There will be a lot expected of you, especially when it comes to working nights and unsociable hours, but no day is the same. This is a career that will keep you on your toes; it’s a challenge, but the reward is immense.
- On appointment to PCDA, your starting salary will be £23,556 or £26,682 depending on qualifications or exceptional quality rising to £43,030 as well as a degree which is funded by the force so there are no fees to pay.
- On appointment to DHEP (Police Constable and Detective), your starting salary will be £23,556 or £26,682 depending on qualifications or exceptional quality rising to £43,030.
- To qualify for the higher salary, the following must be demonstrated:
a) Qualifications/accreditation in one of the following(evidenced during the application process via job history and qualifications/education):
- Specialist- firearms/counter terrorism
- Teaching/audit education
- Special Constable (if achieved IPS)
- Prison Service
- PCSO (with more than 18 months service)
ORb) Exceptional quality in the following competencies (evidenced during the selection process):
- Community - we are collaborative
- Leadership and management - we deliver support and inspire
- Problem solving - we are innovative and open minded
- Adjustment grant where applicants who can demonstrate a reduction in salary on starting with the force can apply for an allowance to reduce the reduction in salary.
- Annual leave of 22 days increasing with length of service plus bank holidays.
- Access to a generous pension scheme.
- Training and development opportunities.
- Career opportunities for specialist roles and promotions.
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) covering a wide range of health, wellbeing and lifestyle issues.
- Support and advice from our Occupational Health Support Unit and a range of staff associations and access to a range of services including Charitable Trust and Police Mutual.
- Access to established staff support groups for all members of the policing family.