TransfereesDate published: 23 May 2023 08:42
Click to return to Join Team SYP Homepage
Public Order Trainer PC
Applications are sought from substantive Police Constables who are currently Level 2 PSU trained for the role of Public Order Trainer.
The role holder will act as a public order trainer responsible for the development, design and delivery of all aspects of public order training for the force. This will include Level 2 and 3 PSU, Method of Entry, CBRN, PRT and PLT in accordance with legislation, national standards and force policy. This may also include delivering on Command Training courses.
The role holder will successfully complete (or have already completed) the National Public Order Coaching Course and the Level 3 Award in Education and Training qualification.
The role holder will attain a Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training.
The role holder will attain the assessor qualification in order to oversee assessment processes.
The role holder may be required to attend a Command Training course.
- Lead by example and behave in line with the Police Code of Ethics ensuring that the force values and behavioural expectations are clearly understood and considered by managers, officers and staff in their decision making and actions, reinforcing and influencing them through all interactions and processes.
- To research, design and plan a wide spectrum of basic to complex trained operational tactics for Police Officers in order to comply with national standards, health and safety requirements and force policy.
- To instruct, develop and assess Trainers and Police Officers in the application of these operational tactics to fulfil and comply with organisational, regional and nationally mandated requirements.
- To ensure that all reports and documents relating to training delivery are stored securely by the most appropriate means in order to comply with the code of ethics and the purpose and values of South Yorkshire Police.
- To assist in planning policing operations, participate in policing operations and public order duties and provide tactical advice.
- Responsible for the maintenance, storage, and security of specialist equipment used in the delivery of basic to complex operational tactics.
- Be responsible for the Testing of specialist respiratory equipment used by operational Police Officers. This is to ensure compliance with health and safety requirements.
- Conduct health and safety risk assessments commensurate with their portfolio.
- To perform other duties as require and where trained.
To apply please use this link